Next Sunday, April 22 is Earth Day, marking the anniversary of what many consider the birth of the modern environmental movement in 1970. Pledge an act of green in celebration!
- Calculate your personal ecological footprint with the Earth Day Footprint Calculator
- Say “no” to plastic and paper grocery bags by carrying our iotaSAKS and iotaTOTES
- Turn off lights when you don’t need them
- Wash all of your clothes in cold water
- Buy local produce at your grocery store or farmer’s market
- Instead of using paper & plastic throwaway dishes/utensils at your next BBQ, why not invest in acrylic & melomine partyware, which is reuseable (and stylish!)
Turn OFF your laptop/computer when you are not using it
- Arrange a car pool for your neighborhood if you drive your kids to school each day
- Use a refillable water bottle instead of buying throwaway water bottles
Take a shorter shower (this mean YOU teenagers!) – 10 minutes or less
Read more about the history of the Earth Day movement here.