Pinterest has become THE hottest social site and something of an obsession for millions of women. What exactly is it, this weird word that is a combination of “pin” and “interest”?
Imagine a virtual bulletin board, where you can organize and share beautiful images of things you love. Things that define you. Things that you want to try like new recipes or clever craft projects. Things that you want to put on your bucket list. You can comment on other people’s pinned images, and if you really like something, you can repin it to your personal bulletin board. You can “follow” anybody’s pinboard, but a word of caution – your boards are completely public and unlike Facebook you don’t need to approve who looks at them. Speaking of Facebook, the Pinterest tool is completely integrated with Facebook and allows you to add your “pins” to your Facebook timeline.
Pinterest now has over 10.4 million registered users, 9 million monthly Facebook-connected users, and 2 million daily Facebook users, according to Inside Network’s AppData tracking service. What is crazy about those numbers is that you can’t just sign up and create a board, it is an invitation only site. Pinterest is truly a social phenomenon, growing that quickly in less than a year as the beta site launched March 2010. Now it is one of the top 10 social networks! Truly remarkable!
Like any good social brand, we have set up some C.R. Gibson pinboards, which we hope you will “like” and will give you good ideas. Of course we are pinning our own C.R. Gibson product, but it is also a vehicle to express what we think our brand stands for. Here is a listing of the pinboards we have created thus far – we invite you to check them out and let us know what you think!
- Personal Expressions – Express yourself thru color and good design
- On The Go… Food & organization tips for busy women who are always “on the go”
- Casual Entertaining – Recipes, decor and partyware for indoor & outdoor casual entertaining at home
- Baby, Baby! - Hooray for the little things!
- “Scraps” - Ideas to preserve and treasure your memories
- Unique Wedding Ideas – Ideas to celebrate and commemorate the big event
- A Colorful Life - Ideas for a colorful and well designed life
- Recipe Box – Yummy treats plus recipe storage & organization
- Designers We Love – Some of C.R. Gibson’s favorite designers & artists
- Holidays – Treats, crafts and unique ideas for holiday magic